Friday, July 19, 2013

Crawling back into the Batcave...

John Lennon said that 'Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans', and I'm quite inclined to believe it because it rings very true.  It's been a crazy, crazy, crazy-ass few months for me.  There were interviews, a book tour, more interviews, some guest posts here and there, and it was all so much fun, and I learned so much, not only about myself as an author, but I learned a lot more about 'the biz'.  I'm grateful to everyone who's been following, tweeting, sharing, posting, liking, commenting, laughing, crying, and being there through the thick of those back to back to back promotional pieces.

I've got to be honest though, when I started out, I thought that the promotional thing was such a bore.  I didn't like doing it, and I think there's a post somewhere down there that reinforces my opinion.  But, like I've discussed so many times with people, it's a must, and so I did...and I liked it.  There, I said it.  I said the secret word...SNL reference...anyone?  Anyone?  Oh, come on.

With that said, like the title of this post declares, it's time to go back into the Batcave, so to speak.  I've got to take a brief hiatus (I like that word, hiatus, ha!) from doing the publicity thing so that I can focus on working on "A Velvet Kiss Goodnight" and all the other side projects I've got lined up.  There are a couple fun things I've got planned between now and then, and as always, I'll keep you guys "in the know", and come back from time to time for Hell Breaks Loose and What About Now?  Those two things have quite a long life ahead of them.  Thanks for reading!  Stick around!

Andrew S.

No comments:

Post a Comment