Thursday, May 30, 2013

Getting my feet wet...

So, I seem to keep reading, everywhere I look anyway, that any self-respecting author NEEDS a blog to be successful.  My question to them, and I'd say it's a pretty valid one, is what did authors do years and years ago?  How did authors find success before the invention of the internetz?  But the truth of the matter is this; times have changed.  Even the way people are reading these days has changed, and so I too must change.  Welcome to my blog *sigh*

I'd just like to start with just a few updates.  Lonely Moon is now three months old and I couldn't be more proud of my little guy.  Its seen a bigger demand than I originally predicted when I finished it, and  that's alright with me.  Friday, June 7th, I'll be talking with Bill Thompson on The Bookcast about Lonely Moon.  Make sure to tune in and hear us out!

This morning, I awoke to an email from the literary magazine Danse Macabre, congratulating me and letting me know my short story, "Almost Done..." was accepted and will be featured in their Danse Macabre du Juor, so make sure to check that out as well.

I'd just like to end with another quick update of a novella I've been working on for the past two months titled "Old McDonald".  Think Animal Farm meets Night of the Living Dead.  It's done, the first draft anyhow, so you can expect to see more news on that in the coming weeks.

As I close on my first blog post, my initial voyage if you will, I can't help but feel a little bit of excitement as we start this venture together, because I couldn't do this without you, the reader, and even if I could, I wouldn't want to :)

Here's to at least one update a week!  (Hoping).

Peace!

Andrew S.

No comments:

Post a Comment