Monday, June 3, 2013

Old McDonald...had a farm...


Once in a while, a story will strike me completely out of the blue.  When it does, I have no choice but to hop into my creative car and just drive, with no clear direction or even the faintest idea of where I'm going.  The only thing I know for sure is that I have to stick my head out the window and see what I can see.  That happened with my next book, Old McDonald...

I'm proud to present my next release....Old McDonald...



"Animal Farm meets Night of the Living Dead.  Farmer Gene Gibbs should have thought more with his gut than with his wallet when he purchased his farm's newest livestock.  Guaranteed to be 99.9% like the 'real' thing, Gene quickly learns just what that .01% margin of error costs...and it just might be his life."

This is part one of a two part story, the reason being that I had trouble tearing myself out of the world I've created and the characters I introduced to it.  

It originally began as a short story, but it just wouldn't stop.  The more I wrote, the more it kept going on its own, until I finally had to put my foot down and say "ENOUGH".  Whenever I have to do that, I just have to hope that where I cut it is a good place to stop, and in this case, it felt right, especially knowing that there is a second part to Gene Gibbs' story.  

You can expect to see this out 6/25.  More details to come.  Thanks for reading.

Peace :)




No comments:

Post a Comment