Friday, June 7, 2013

When the book ends....

...a new journey begins. This journey is, quite frankly, longer and more arduous than even writing the book, at least in my opinion.  It's time consuming, it's frustrating, and above all it's exhausting.  So, what is it?

Shameless promotion...

Lonely Moon is done...has been for a while.  It's out there for people to read, to like, or to hate.  You can even wipe your ass with it, I don't care.  (Please don't)  But the life of the book is just starting.  When it's published, it's like it's being born.  And, like a proud father, I want to give it the best life I can.  To do that, though, is not easy.  It involves sacrifice, money, and time together, much like a 'real' parent.  Neglecting it will only end in failure, something I'm very afraid of.

Shameless promotion...

I hate it.  I hate it.  I hate it.  A long time ago, even a year ago, I thought all you had to do to be a successful author was to write.  That's it.  Well, not entirely.  You gotta' be good at it, but as long as that was true, you were golden.  I now know, in fact, that's NOT the case.

Shameless promotion...

It's the tweeting, the facebook posts, the blog posts (like this one, haha), the interviews, the press releases, the pasting of links and sharing, retweeting, re-posting.  It's endless, and it's not at all the creative rush you get from writing.  Until today...I learned something.

Shameless promotion...

Today, I had the amazing opportunity to speak with Bill Thompson of "The Bookcast".  He interviewed me for about 15 minutes, talking about backstage stuff concerning Lonely Moon, and we talked for another 15-20 minutes after the interview concluded...and I loved every second of it.  I know, for a fact, this is my career.  This is me following my dream, and putting in my dues, and doing all the things that I don't like and don't want to do.  This is me, the author.  So, I will do what I have to do succeed, because if I'm not...then what am I doing?

Now for...the shameless promotion... ;)

The Bookcast interview will be up within the next week or so, and when it is, I'll make sure to have those links readily available for your listening pleasures!  Thanks!

Peace :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Andrew! As soon as I get the books, I'll be expecting an autograph :)
    -Ari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'll for sure autograph em!! :)

    ReplyDelete